- B.B.C.S. Inc. can use individual volunteers from the community, (who are not B.B.C.S. Inc. participants), on M/W/F from 9 am to 5 pm without prior scheduling. Please plan to volunteer for at least two hours at a time so that we can make the most out of your travel and time commitments. Scheduling is required at all other times by contacting the office at 804-551-7649.
- Groups of more than 3 people need to schedule their volunteer time in advance. Learn about Group Volunteerism.
- The minimum age of volunteers is 14 years old.
- Every community volunteer is required to sign the Individual Volunteer Form before beginning to volunteer.
- Please do not help yourself to items during your time volunteering.
- We provide cold beverages for helpers to enjoy during their shift.
- Please check in at the front desk to sign and turn in your Individual Volunteer Form and pick up a name-tag.
- SAFETY IS OUR #1 PRIORITY. ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS give equipment the right of way. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER expect that operators see or hear you. Don’t run quickly in front of machinery, or “just get by”… step back and make eye contact with the operators. The equipment doesn’t stop on a dime!
- Make the supervisor aware of any physical limitations you may have that could hinder your assigned activity. Your safety is of utmost importance.
- Absolutely no one may operate our power equipment without authorization.
What to Wear:
- Old clothes that can get dirty are great! Shoes must cover the entire foot and have good rubber soles.
- Dress for the weather, i.e., In the winter wear warm clothes; in the summer, cool clothes—but no halters or muscleman tank tops.
- Wear a back brace when you are lifting heavy items. We have them in the warehouse; just ask.
- Please, no perfume—it can be a bit overwhelming in close quarters.
Thanks for helping make B.B.C.S. Inc. a compassionate and loving community. We Pray you are blessed by your service!