Volunteer Groups Welcome!
- Ready to help? After making arrangements with Bountiful Blessings Community Services Inc. 804-551-7649 firstname.lastname@example.org, please arrive at the BBCS Inc warehouse at the arranged time.
- Make sure we have an accurate count of volunteers coming.
- The minimum age of volunteers is 14 years old.
- We can host individual volunteers or groups of up to 25 people (by appointment).
- The adult supervisor of your group will sign a Group Volunteer Form for all people volunteering with your group.
- Please do not help yourself to items during your helping time.
- We provide cold beverages for helpers to enjoy during their shift.
- Your host will give an orientation tour. Ask lots of questions!
- SAFETY IS OUR #1 PRIORITY. ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS give equipment the right of way. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER expect that operators see or hear you. Don’t run quickly in front of machinery, or “just get by”… step back and make eye contact with the operators. The equipment doesn’t stop on a dime!
- Make the supervisor aware of any physical limitations you may have that could hinder your helping with any activity. Your safety is of utmost importance.
- Absolutely no one may operate our power equipment without authorization.
What to Wear:
- Old clothes that can get dirty are great! Shoes must cover the entire foot and have
good rubber soles.
- Dress for the weather, i.e., In the winter wear warm clothes; in the summer, cool clothes—but no halters or muscleman tank tops.
- Wear a back brace when you are lifting heavy items. We have them in the warehouse; just ask.
- Please, no perfume—it can be a bit overwhelming in close quarters … and so can body odor.
Thanks for helping make BBCS a compassionate and loving community. You will be blessed by your service!